ABPS – The Association of British Philatelic Societies Ltd
The Association of British Philatelic Societies (ABPS) is the National Organisation catering for the needs of collectors through the Federations and local societies and those interested in philately.
Membership of the Association falls into various categories being Federations, Specialist, National and Local Societies and Overseas Societies. A special category of Patrons and Friends has been created for those interested in the work of the Association and are valuable in assisting the Association to achieve its aims. These individuals receive the ABPS news and can attend the Annual General Meeting without voting rights.
The principal aims of the Association are:
- To represent the hobby both nationally and internationally.
- To encourage the growth of philately.
- To support events and, if required, offer support and advice to Federations/Society events.
- To provide workshops locally or nationally on various aspects of the hobby.
- To provide a directory which serves a compendium of information useful to the Society Secretary and its members.
- To publish books, papers etc of value to the members.
- To assist in the organisation of an annual congress which acts as a national focus for philately within the British Isles.
- To issue at least 4 times a year a journal, ABPS News, which publicises the work of affiliated Federations and Societies at a local and national level and reports on developments within philatelic.
- To work with the International bodies in the creation of regulation for competitive entries.
Get more details at http://www.abps.org.uk/